RBE No. 41/2019
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
PC-VII No. 129
No. E(P&A)IIIl018/RS/ll New Delhi, dated : 06.03.2019
Tbe General Managers,
All Indian Railways &PUs.
Sub : Reckoning of pay element for revision of pension of pre–2016 retired Loco Inspectors.
Please refer to Board’s letter number D-43/34/2017-F(E)III, dt. 24.01.2018 (RBE No.13/2018) regarding revision of pension of pre-2016 retired running staff. After issue of this letter dt. 24.01.2018 references have been received from the recognized Federations and some of the Zonal Railways for issuing of instructions for revision of pension of pre-20 16 retired Loco Inspectors and Chief Loco Inspectors.
2. Loco Inspectors and Chief Loco Inspectors are eligible for reckoning of 30% pay element for calculation of emoluments for pensionary benefits w .e.f. 01.01.1993 in terms of paragraph No. 5.5 of Board’s letter No.E(P&A)II/83/RS-IO(iv) dated 25.11.1992. When a Loco Inspector has rendered less than 10 months service as Loco Inspector as per revised scheme effective from 01.01.1993, reckoning of pay element is admissible on pro-rata basis e.g. if a Loco Inspector has rendered only 5 months service he will be entitled to only 15% pay element.
3. The reckoning of pay element for revision of pension of Loco Inspectors and Chief Loco Inspectors who have retired/died between/on 01.01.1993 and 31.12.2015 have been shown in the Annexure attached herewith.
4. Other conditions stipulated in DoP&PW7s OM dated 12.05.2017 & 06.07.2017 will apply in the case of Loco Inspectors also. It is also clarified that higher of the two formulations i.e. the pension/family pension already revised in accordance of Board’s letter No. 2016/F(E)IW1(1)17 dated. 10.08.2016 or the revised pension/family pension as worked out in accordance with para 3 above, shall be granted to pre-2016 retired Loco Inspectors as revised pension/family pension w.e.f 01.01.2016.
5. Loco Inspectors and Chief Loco Inspectors who have retired/died before 01.0.1.1993 are not eligible for reckoning of 30% pay element for calculation of emoluments for pensionary benefits, therefore, their notional fixation of pay for revision of pension would be done in the same way as being done in the case of non-running staff in general.
6. For those Loco Inspectors who have retired after 01.01.2016, the reckoning of pay element for calculation of emoluments for pensionary benefits would be administered in terms of Board’s letter No. E(P&A)II-20 15/RS-25 dated 13.11.2017 till further orders.
7. This issues with the concurrence ofthe Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Rail
Joint Director, Estt.(P &A)